Monday 28 September 2009

Upset

One of my best friends may be moving away from the area. Might not sound much of a big deal but it's someone I relied heavily on after my breakdown and the thought of not having him around is both upsetting and scary.

It's focused my mind on a couple of other people who I seem to have drifted away from in recent months. They too were complete stars during the worst time of my life but somehow I've allowed them to become almost strangers. Partly this is because I know they needed some space from me, and partly because I do kind of feel embarrassed about just how badly I fell apart back then.

The problem is that I'm completely socially incompetent. Almost bordering on Asbergers in fact. As a result I'm finding it very difficult to know how to go about talking to them about it. I've tried to arrange stuff with them but somehow it doesn't seem to happen and I don't want to push them in case they simply don't want me around anymore. For the first time in a while I'm wishing that people were still reading this because I coulod really use some advice about the situation.

No comments: